Periodontal disease affects the gum that supports the tooth. Gingivitis or inflammation of the gums is an early stage of periodontal disease, it is caused by tartar (sticky deposits of bacteria, mucus and food particles) that adheres to the teeth.
Other factors that contribute to the development of gingivitis include:
-breathing through the mouth
-poorly fitted dental fillings
- prostheses that irritate the mucous membrane of the adjacent gums
- a diet that contains too many soft foods that do not allow the gums to chew naturally
- genetic inheritance
Warning signs of periodontal disease:
-teeth that wobble
-teeth that break
- red, inflamed gums
- gums that bleed when brushing
-gums that have receded from the teeth
- Bruxism (teeth grinding)
-quercitin (plant extract)
- extract from grape seeds (resveratrol) are anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidants
-vitamin E - heals the tissues used in the form of d-alpha tocopherol
-selenium - combined with vitamin E is a very powerful antioxidant
- vitamin A and betatenes (carotenoid complex - heals the gingival tissues, for easier assimilation it is recommended to be in liquid form.
-aloe vera (apply aloe vera to inflamed gums, it reduces inflammation and calms the tissues
- Chamomile tea/yellow tea with a calming role, helps to heal tissues
- clove oil - temporary pain reliever for gums and teeth
- echinacea, hawthorn fruits, myrrh and rose hips help reduce inflammation and stimulate the immune system
- gentian destroys the bacteria that cause periodontal disease
Health, better than all!
If you found the information useful, don't forget to share and like on social networks (Facebook and Instagram)!