Lead poisoning, natural remedies for a healthy life!
As we learned at school, lead is a heavy, silver-grey metal, which is used as a raw material for the manufacture of various products.
But what you didn't know is that we can poison ourselves with lead.
Yes, this intoxication mechanism is called saturnism, this disease is especially common among people who work in lead environments.
It is certain that we can get sick even if we do not work with lead, but only consume food that has been stored in containers with lead, or if we drink water from the faucet of old buildings whose pipes are made of lead, etc. Be very careful with children who eat the whitewash from the walls, some paints contain lead, and their ingestion can lead to poisoning.
What symptoms can appear in case of lead poisoning?
In adults, symptoms may appear after only a few weeks, but in children, symptoms may appear even after a few days after ingestion.
People poisoned with lead have gastrointestinal colic, bruised gums, muscle weakness, anxiety, arthritis, confusion, chronic fatigue, diarrhea, gout, insomnia, learning difficulties, loss of appetite, metallic taste in the mouth, convulsions, tremors and vertigo. In very serious cases, poisoning can lead to blindness, mental retardation, paralysis and even death.
Because we don't always know in which soil the food we eat was grown, if the soil was contaminated or not, or how the vegetables were stored, or with what water they were washed, or if the water that flows from the tap and we use it for drinking or preparing food is safe even within normal parameters.
That's why it's better to prevent than to treat, there are some supplements that can help the body fight lead poisoning.
1. Alpha lipoic acid - helps to detoxify polluting metals, it is also a good antioxidant;
2. Calcium and Magnesium (chelated form) - prevents the storage of lead in the tissues and balances the assimilation of calcium;
3. Algae / Alfalfa - contain essential minerals, especially calcium and magnesium, eliminate unwanted metal deposits;
4. L-lysine, L-cysteine and L-cystine - are amino acids that contain sulfur, help absorb calcium and eliminate heavy metals;
5. Methylsulfonyl-methane (MSM) - helps to detoxify heavy metals and is also a strong anti-inflammatory;
6. Garlic- Protects the immune system and helps eliminate lead;
7. Vitamin C - helps to neutralize the effects of lead;
8. Zinc - can replace lead and reduce body overload (people with high levels of lead usually have low levels of zinc and calcium);
9. Vitamins from the B complex - these help eliminate lead from the brain.
There are other methods of preventing lead poisoning, adopting a balanced diet with fiber and pectins (pectins are mostly found in apples), eat cruciferous plants such as beans, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli; eggs, garlic, beans, onions and spinach.
Avoid smoking, because lead is also found in cigarettes, always check the labels when you buy the products, even cosmetics can have lead, especially those from the Middle East, even some supplements or medicines.
As a parenthesis, I recommend you do a water analysis to make sure that the level of lead and other minerals is optimal.
Be careful with antiques, with ceramic products, they can be attractive, but this type of tableware contains more lead than that manufactured recently. Use them only for decorative purposes!
Babies and children should not be fed from tableware or crystal glasses!
Do not turn the bags upside down to store other foods, because the ink used to print the label contains considerable amounts of lead, it does not pass through the bag but on contact with it it can contaminate the food!